Join our team! We’re looking for:
Position Title: Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: Full-Time Maternity Leave Contract (Part-Time Considered)
Contract Dates: June 1, 2017 to June 15, 2018 (approximate)
If you are a resourceful, creative, and energetic individual, leave your legacy through this newly created opportunity. The major responsibility within this role is to focus on diversifying and generating new revenue sources for the Foothills Advocacy In Motion Society (www.faims.org) as well as enhancing existing ones. A comprehensive ‘Fund Development Proposal’ has already been developed. This position will evaluate the proposal, provide recommendations/suggestions, and implement the proposal. This position will be critical in contributing to and in the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of fund-development strategies for the organization.
The Fund Development Coordinator will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of fundraising, sponsorship, grants, and donations for the Foothills AIM Society, including managing, maintaining and operating within the fund development annual budget. This position will also oversee all external communication efforts including social media, updating the website and blog, talking to media and sharing a positive message of all AIM encompasses.
- New graduates considered.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in communications, marketing, fundraising or related fields.
- 1-3 years in fundraising, marketing, event planning, communications, or related discipline experience is considered an asset.
- Fundraising Designation will be seen as an asset.
- Proficient use in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Proficient and/or competence in fundraising.
- Ability to host, coordinate, and manage a wide variety of fundraising events including fun runs, golf tournaments and raffles.
- Experience in government policy as it relates to CRA rules and guidelines surrounding charities – specifically fundraising, donations and tax receipting considered is preferred.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner, as well as work collaboratively in a team environment/setting.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle, travel is required.
- Grant proposals and applications.
- Develop fundraising proposals and presentations
- Assess, evaluate, amend (if required) and implement the Society’s ‘Fundraising Strategic Plan.’
- Diversify funding and fundraising options for the Society.
- Cultivate and develop strong relationships with local communities.
- Promote relationships with existing and new donors, sponsors and supporters.
- Monitor local external markets to identify new partnership opportunities.
- Develop targeted presentations to specific identified groups/individuals.
- Apply event management principles and processes to manage the full cycle of events at the Society.
- Create and generate applicable management reports related to events or initiatives.
- Liaise with external sources including media, community leaders, volunteers, etc. to ensure effective promotion of events.
- Adhere to Image Canada’s Ethical Code.
- Explore new online initiatives that complement and enhance the Society’s fundraising efforts (i.e. Canada Helps).
- Maintain the AIM Society’s website as it pertains to fundraising events
- Target social media outlets to communicate fundraising events.
- Maintain Society’s donor data base.
- Report of progress to Executive Director / Board of Directors on a regular basis.
If you want to make a difference then consider joining our organization in enhancing and promoting meaningful inclusion and quality of life for adults with disabilities residing in the Foothills and Wheatland County Municipal Districts.
If you are excited about this opportunity, submit your resume, cover letter, and your salary expectations, no later than May 10, 2017 to Gerry McCallum – Executive Director : email@example.com.